Welcome to Monday Musings by Caitlin Domanico!
- Advice for the Mama-to-Be from Our Facebook Page!
- We see a lot of babies over here at Photography by Caitlin Domanico, LLC. We see ALMOST as many mamas-to-be in the last few weeks before their little ones arrive. There is usually a distinct difference in the attitude of a first-time-mom vs. a second-time-mom, though that all varies on a lot of different factors- personality, life experiences, etc.
- Last week, we polled our Facebook fans to give us their best advice to a pregnant woman, and we phrased it as, “What advice would you give yourself if you could do your first pregnancy all over again?” The answers were serious and funny!
- My biggest piece of advice- RELAX. Sure, life is about to change in a major way, but it’s all good, and you will figure it all out. There is no sense trying to picture your new life, and plan each detail including how you’ll feel and how you’ll behave. It is alllllll good.
- Sleep Advice:
- Nap as much as you can because rest and sleep will End before the baby even arrives. – Nina
- Take as many naps as you can…is it possible to stock up on sleep?!? -Jen
- Not to freak out over every little thing. We went to the hospital a lot when I was pregnant with my first. I was only there once with Hannah and that was because the doctor sent me. I fought him on it! -Mary
- It’s a means to an end girl.., this too shall pass. -Melissa
- Enjoy it, even if your head is in a bucket for 9 months. – Jo
- On Food:
- More light exercising and healthy eating. -Erin
And also a contradicting statement: go out to eat and to the movies every single damn day! – Erin
- Don’t gain almost 50 lbs. -Maureen
- Stay away from Dairy Queen !!! -Katie
- Just buy ten pound bags of potatoes. It’s all you’ll eat for three months, so don’t try to kid yourself into thinking you will make anything else. -Kate
- On Delivery:
- Don’t deliver a 10.3 lb. baby without drugs :0) -Maureen
- Babies don’t always come by their due dates… even if they come early for every other person you know. Tell yourself pregnancy is 42 weeks instead of how all of the books tell you to be ready to go by 37. Weeks 37-41+ felt like years to me the 1st time around. -Natalee
- General Advice:
- Take more photos . Really the second one I have so little! -Nicole
- Take more pictures of the body transformation/bump growing. -Jenn
- Start and keep up with baby book. -Jenn
Spend lots of time with your significant other and friends. 1:1 time sans kids is precious! -TriciaChecking everything off the “list” still will not prepare you for a newborn. – Asia
Oh and cook and freeze and cook and freeze some more! -Asia
- Sit down…put your feet up…make it as cold in here as you want. You’re only in charge of yourself for a little while longer, milk it for all its worth. -Beth
- What advice would you add? Leave a comment below to chime in!
Previous Monday Musings: A Day in the Life of a Momtrepreneur, Accidental Entrepreneur, 5 Ways to Rock Self-Confidence, One Mom’s Breastfeeding Journey: Food Allergies, A Letter to My Darling Five-Year-Old, How to Succeed in a Saturated Business Market, A Letter to the Apple of My Eye, A Letter to My Nine-Year-Old Self: Little Brothers, The Highlight Reel of Social Media, Be Kind, Community, 8 Questions to Ask a Photographer Before Hiring Them, New Baby Survival: 9 Tips for Letting Go While Savoring Every Second