Welcome to Monday Musings by Caitlin Domanico!
- 5 Ways to Rock Your Self-Confidence * Monday Musings with Caitlin Domanico
- I have never met any one person who is 100% self-confident.
- I often assume people are- especially if they seem incredibly happy, skinny, beautiful, successful, you get where I am going here.
- I love talking to people. I love trying to understand people, to relate to them, to connect with them. I have found a running theme in my life conversations – nobody has it all together. We can assume certain things about people, but until we spend a lifetime in their shoes, we will never truly know what it is like to be someone else- that can be frustrating and also very freeing in my opinion. It is frustrating when you want to understand someone’s actions/motivations. It can be freeing though, when you accept the fact that you will never have full control of a situation involving other people- that is part of the beauty of life!
- Over my past 31 years, I have learned a few tricks along the way to help me face my fears, and to help me feel more confident in any given situation. Here are five of my favorites!
- 1. Fake it until you make it. There is something to be said for acting confident. For appearing calm, cool, and collected on the outside.
- 2. Surround yourself with supporters. If you have any toxic people in your life, the ones that do not believe in you, the ones that try to bring you down with their negativity, consider cutting them out of your life, or at least learning how to build an emotional wall around them, so they cannot affect you any longer.
- 3. Educate yourself! Be sure you actually know what you are doing/saying. Sure, experience takes you a lot farther than reading can some days, but it never ever hurts to educate yourself.
- 4. Let go. Let go of expectations that are impossible. Aim high, but be sure to have many steps to conquer along the way, so you can see how far you have come.
- 5. Think positively. Motivate yourself. Tell yourself you can. Be kind to yourself. Be kind to others. Change your negative thoughts into positive ones. I highly recommend reading The Secret if you need help in learning how to re-wire your thoughts!
- What else would you add? Do any of these tactics work for you?
Thank you to all who voted for us!!!! We WON!!!
Best Children’s Photographer: http://montco.happeningmag.com/happeninglist/2014/2014-kids-childrens-photographer/